• EPA Tasmania
  • Assesment
  • Regulation & Assessment
  • Sustainability
  • Policy & Legislation


​​​Who can I contact for advice or support?

  • EPA Tasmania can provide technical advice and support for many areas of environmental management and pollution control. Find out m​ore 

When should the EPA be notified about pollution?

  • The Director EPA must be notified (on 1800 005 171) if a released pollutant has caused, or may cause, serious or material harm, or if the activity is regulated by the EPA. Find out more.

How can the EPA Division help deal with wood smoke?

  • A number of tools and resources exist that can be utilised by Councils to address wood smoke problems. Find out more​. 

How can I find out about potential environmental impacts?

  • The EPA has a number of guidance documents available that relate to projects requiring assessment under EMPCA. Find out more. ​

Coordinator ​Local Government Engagement 
EPA Tasmania, DPIPWE
134 Macquarie Street
Hobart TAS 7000
Phone: 03 6165 4599
Fax 03 6173 0254