Pollution Incidents, Notifications & Complaints
These pages contain information about pollution incidents and how to either notify of a pollution incident or how to lodge a complaint. Information is also provided on a person’s duty to notify of a pollution event and the role of EPA Tasmania in incident response.
- Common Pollution Incidents & ComplaintsThere are some common incident 'types' that have the potential to cause environmental harm. Some are dealt with by EPA Tasmania and some are dealt with by other agencies. Details are given for the appropriate contact for a particular environmental issue.
- Duty to NotifyInformation on a person’s legal duty to notify either the Director, EPA or Local Council about a pollution event.
- Legislative Context - Pollution IncidentsInformation about the role of EPA Tasmania in incident response and complaint handling under legislation.
- Marine Oil & Chemical SpillsInformation the role of EPA Tasmania in preparedness for and responding to marine oil and chemical spills in Tasmania.
- Notification of Pollution IncidentsHow to notify of a pollution incident or how to lodge a complaint about a pollution incident.
The Environment Protection Authority acknowledges the Tasmanian Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of lutruwita (Tasmania) and pays respect to their Elders, past and present.