Information on principal water policy and related strategies and guidelines for protecting or enhancing water quality and sustainably managing Tasmania's surface and groundwater resources.
- Monitoring ProgramsWater quality monitoring is undertaken by the water section under a range of programs
- Water TopicsInformation on a range of topics relating to water quality, water issues and the aquatic environment.
- Boat Sewage ManagementThe EPA Director has made a Directive on The Discharge of Sewage from Certain Vessels into State Waters to assist boat owners with minimising their impact on inland waterways and the ocean. The Directive is a risk-based approach to sewage discharge which specifies where sewage may and may not be discharged from certain vessels into Tasmanian waters.
- Legislative Context - WaterThe overarching and legislative framework for managing water quality in Tasmania.
- PEVs for Tasmanian Surface WatersUnder the State Policy on Water Quality Management (1997) protected environmental values (PEVs) have been set for freshwater and estuarine surface waters. Regional PEVs for coastal waters (except for several site specific areas) and groundwater have not yet been set.
- Remediation ProgramsEPA Tasmania co-ordinates the Savage River Rehabilitation Project.
- StormwaterInformation on stormwater management including the State Stormwater Strategy 2012, guidelines for water sensitive urban design and guidelines for sediment and erosion control.
- Water Quality Objectives for TasmaniaWater Quality Objectives for Tasmania
- Water Quality Guideline Values for Aquatic Ecosystems of TasmaniaDefault water guideline values for aquatic ecosystems have been developed by EPA Tasmania in accordance with the National Water Quality Management Strategy (NWQMS).
The Environment Protection Authority acknowledges the Tasmanian Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of lutruwita (Tasmania) and pays respect to their Elders, past and present.