Water quality monitoring is undertaken by the water section under a range of programs
- Storm Bay Monitoring ProgramThe EPA has undertaken to conduct water quality monitoring in Storm Bay as of January 2018.
- Okehampton Bay Monitoring ProgramThe EPA has undertaken to conduct water quality monitoring in Okehampton Bay and the Mercury Passage for a period of 12 months as of August 2017.
- Norfolk Bay Monitoring ProgramThe EPA has undertaken to conduct water quality monitoring in Norfolk Bay and Frederick Henry Bay for a period of 6 months as of August 2018
- Port Arthur - December 2019Monitoring was undertaken in December 2019 to determine point in time water quality across the area, appraise condition of sea grass beds and assess opportunistic algal growth levels.
- George River Catchment - 2005Rigorous scientific analysis of water samples in 2005 from the George River Catchment in north-east Tasmania, near St Helens, found no man-made chemicals of any sort. The natural compounds identified, such as fatty acids can accumulate and form a surface foam on waterways.
The Environment Protection Authority acknowledges the Tasmanian Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of lutruwita (Tasmania) and pays respect to their Elders, past and present.