The guideline on the Design and Management of Tasmanian Lagoon Systems, 1996 provides a comprehensive guide for the design and management of sewage lagoon systems.
Download the Lagoon Design and Management Guidelines 1996.
The guideline on the Design and Management of Tasmanian Lagoon Systems, 1996 includes the following information:
- effective design for bacterial reduction
- methods for load estimation
- appropriate design for odour control
- effects of environmental factors on lagoon performance
- appropriate lagoon operation practices
- factors affecting organic removal
- comparing COD and BOD to regulate organic removal
- new method for measuring flow in half filled pipes
- the use of baffles and levees
- using an intermediate medium flow sand filter to polish effluent
Also included in the manual is discussion on PONDCAL, a program developed for the study that will assist in appropriate lagoon design in temperate areas of Australia.
The PONDCAL program is available from the PONDCAL page.