Local Government FAQs

​​​​​​Who can I contact for advice or support?

  • The EPA can provide technical advice and support for many areas of environmental management and pollution control. Find out m​ore about technical support 

When should the EPA be notified about pollution?

  • The Director,​ EPA must be notified (on 1800 005 171) if a released pollutant has caused, or may cause, serious or material harm, or if the activity is regulated by the EPA. Find out more about Duty to Notify.

How can the EPA help deal with wood smoke?

How can I find out about assessment requirements?

  • The EPA has a number of guidance documents available that relate to projects requiring assessment under EMPCA. Find out m​ore about what is expected of proponents and about making a submission as a government agency - Guidance Documents